Fair and Simple License Agreement
zipp.chat (‘the owner’) and the Software is a copyrighted work of authorship and is also protected under applicable database laws.
JAKWEB retains ownership of all software and any copies of it distributed on our website, regardless of the form in which the copies may exist.
This license is not a sale of the original Software or any copies. By installing and using zipp.chat on your server, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Such agreement is either on your own behalf or on behalf of any corporate entity which employs you or which you represent (‘Corporate Licensee’).
- All Software copyright notices within the code and files itself must remain unchanged.
- Hold all Code / Files confidential.
- One License / One Installation
- Customise the software
- You cannot sell your license and you cannot resell licenses.
- You cannot give partitial code or files to anyone.
In this Agreement, ‘you’ includes both the reader and any Corporate Licensee means JAKWEB Company the zipp.chat creator:
- zipp.chat license grants you the right to run one instance of the Software on one domain. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain.
- The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of JAKWEB.
- The license is effective lifetime. You may terminate it at any time by uninstalling the Software and destroying any copies in any form.
You undertake to:
- ensure that, prior to use of the Software by your employees or agents, all such parties are notified of the terms of this Agreement.
- hold all data (including object and source codes), software listings and all other information relating to the Software confidential and not at any time, during the period of the license or after its expiry, disclose the same whether directly or indirectly to any third party without JAKWEB’s consent.
- not to use the Software for any illegal purposes and shall comply with all applicable legislation.
- The Software source code may be altered (at your own risk).
- All Software copyright notices within the code and files must remain unchanged.
- The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
- If any of the terms of this Agreement are violated, JAKWEB reserves the right to revoke the License at any time.
- Refunds will be given at the discretion of JAKWEB, but usually there are no rights of refund.
The software and the accompanying files are sold “As Is” and without warranties as to performance of merchantability or any other warrantied whether expressed or implied.
- JAKWEB does not monitor the sites powered by the Software.
- JAKWEB is not liable for the content of any message posted on a site powered by the Software.
- JAKWEB cannot be held responsible and accepts no liability for any failure in transmission by you and where for whatever reason your transmission is corrupted fails to arrive or arrives after an undue delay or is received in an unintelligible form.
You must assume the entire risk of using the Software. ANY LIABILITY OF JAKWEB WILL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE.
Except in respect of personal injury or death caused directly by the negligence of JAKWEB, in no event will JAKWEB be liable to you for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings, loss of data or any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use such Software, even if JAKWEB has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Nothing in this Agreement limits liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.